View Profile Will

All 37 Audio Reviews

25 w/ Responses

Love it

What a great, hilarious sound. I'd probably end up using this for some bloopers video or something if I ever get the chance. Awesome job, sorohanro and friends

Timohi responds:

Thanks :)
hope you'll participate to the remix contest, will be on this song ;)

You breathe life into 3xOsc!

Great track here Rig, I'm really enjoying this :)

Rig responds:

Thanks! I, too, am enjoying this.

Why? Because we can!

Great line, whoever thought of that originally must be a freakin' genius!

Mich responds:

The man below you thought of that line. :p
Glad you liked it!

Great melody, but a bit muddy

First of all, it's a great arrangement and the tune is insanely catchy. However, just because it's retro doesn't mean you can't mix a little! All of the sounds are clashing together into a huge mess of noise, which doesn't sit well on the ears and distracts from the rest of the song. Give it a little volume mixing and especially focus on panning some sounds away from the central point.

5/5, 8/10

TakeTheBait responds:

Thanks for the review, Stupor. As of 1/26/10 I remastered the track and it sounded much better. Panning is something that I didn't do however, it's a great idea and can really make an 8bit track, thanks for the suggestion I'll be sure to use it in future songs or maybe even revisit this one!

Great dub

The selling point of dubstep is the bass - rich, growly, and distorted with the LFO going wild throughout the song. That, plus some half-time electronic drums and a few effects will make a dubstep song, though creativity won't hurt either :P

Here's a great example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK QUVhiri_k
(takeoutspace)

Quarl responds:

Thanks sir! :)

Funky, Lounge-y feel

You captured the funk-house genre pretty well, in my opinion. The marimba-esque synth worked perfectly with the song, and the others added to the experience. The drums were good, but the synths almost completely drowned them out at many points. Other than that, nice work!

Kaizerwolf responds:

Yeah, the synths were very fairly drowned out, I noticed. However, I do like it how it is. :D

Thanks for the comments!

Let's see here.

- Four-on-the-floor beat
- Tiny, hollow synth riff
- Sample hell
- Sped up ad nauseum

If this doesn't define the bulk of the Audio Portal, I don't know what does. Good Job

Rig responds:

y thak u

Very nice listen

I like the simplicity in this one. The light snares would sound weird in any other song, but here they seem to fit in place with the mix here. The song is dark and ambient, which i like, plus it has a bit of melody to avoid that brick-laid-on-keys sound that many ambient songs here sport. Great song!

Would you mind checking out one or two of mine? Thanks!

SolusLunes responds:

BRICK ON KEYSMATRON GOGOGOGOGOGO

That was awesome!

You are both very talented artists, the lyrics were creative and well sung (more than I can say for most NG raps)! The mastering and beat were great as well.

Rucklo responds:

glad ya like it man!! :D

Ohh yes...

This is awesome. Simply, irrevocably awesome. Everybody did such a great job with their parts, and the main tie-in was perfect. Looking forward to the other two!

Digital artist, podcaster and musicman (he/him/his)

Will Kommor 🌵 @Will